- Routine PCR up to 5 kb under common and fast conditions
- RT-PCR, colony PCR,TA cloning
- Library construction, genotyping, screening
- High yields in routine PCR and under fast cycling conditions
- Robust performance under variety of conditions
- Excellent performance on complex (GC rich) templates
Taq DNA polymerase is thermostable 5´ → 3´ DNA polymerase. It lacks 3´ → 5´ exonuclease (proofreading) activity and has low 5´ → 3´ exonuclease activity. Polymerase exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity resulting in A-overhang at the 3′-ends of PCR products and allowing for TA cloning. The PCR accuracy of Taq DNA Polymerase is 4.5 x 104 (a number of incorporated nucleotides before the first error occurs).
The supplied reaction buffer for most flexibility in optimisation, contains no dNTPs and no magnesium. The 50 mM MgCl2 solution is provided separately what allows for magnesium optimisation starting from 1 mM up to 4 mM final concentration upon the need.