We have recently bought and tested the CozyHi and CozyXL protein ladders for SDS-PAGE. I was very happy with the results. The ladders give nice distinct bands and stain very well using silver stain, not at all blurry and overstained which some of the ladders from market leaders do. I have struggled to find markers which go over 250kDa of high quality and the CozyXL is by far the best one I have used so far. The ladders also transfer well to membranes for use in Western Blotting and show up clearly in our Biorad imager. We could use as little as 5µl which makes these markers cost effective. I can definitely recommend them.
– Research Fellow, Imperial College London
- Approximate protein molecular weight determination on denaturing gels
- Monitoring of electrophoresis process and Western transfer efficiency
- Room-temperature-stable ladders, always ready to use
- Sharp bands, bright colours
- The ladder is ready for loading
- Mix the ladder well before use
- Take 3-5 µl of the ladder for a small size gel slot for electrophoresis
- Use a bit less of the ladder (2-3 µl) for Western blots
- Due to high amount of the protein in each ladder band, the ladder might show positive results in immunodetection of blots. However this is typically a result of unspecific hybridisation.
Storage and stability:
- Room temp. 2 weeks
- +4°C 3 months
- -20°C 12 months