Features & benefits
- All of our PCR Master Mixes go through stringent QC/QA procedures to ensure batch to batch performance
- Our PCR Master Mix is designed to amplify DNA irrespective of the source with the use of a thermocycler
- The Taq polymerase used in our PCR Master Mix is inactive until the PCR Master Mix has been incubated at 95C for five minutes thus ensuring greater specificity
- They contain everything you need for PCR except DNA and Primers
- We’ve optimised a starting MgCl2 concentration of 6mM and alongside our Taq polymerase we’ve added our proprietary PCR buffers to ensure that you get required results from the start
- They work with 3 step, 2 step and touchdown PCR protocols
- We supply our PCR Master Mix in a 2x concentration for convenience (for set up of both small & large volume reactions)
- They can be used for amplifying sequences with sizes below 100bp and up to at least 1.5kb
High Resolution Melting
- HotShot Diamond PCR Master Mix works very well for High Resolution Melting with LCGreen Plus™ dye (BioFire Inc). LCGreen Plus dye has been shown to be the best dye for High Resolution Melting techniques.
- Is our HotShot PCR Master Mix a mix for all the seasons? Perhaps, but we also offer the SureShot PCR Master mix for routine PCR aimed at gel electrophoresis.
- HotShot Sapphire PCR Master Mix for those multiplex assays that are going straight to gel. We’ve added an inert blue dye to our Sapphire for you.