We (Clent Life Science, The Company, The Business), believe strongly in protecting our customers’ privacy, so when we collect personal information from you as part of our business services we will ensure that it is only used in the manners stated below. Our policies and processes comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2018). We are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as such, will collect, use and process your data in accordance with these laws.
Types of Information
We only collect information essential to the function of our business that is necessary to:
- Enable us to fulfil our legal obligations to our customers (information that you knowingly supply to us). This includes the performance of a contract like processing orders placed as well as responding to requests you make.
1. Information Knowingly Provided
Data supplied by our customers is collected in the following circumstances:
- When you sign up to our mailing list or enter a prize draw/competition
- Make a purchase online or via email
- If you make an enquiry (through our website contact form, via telephone, chat box or email)
1.2 Personal Details
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless the law requires us to except in the following circumstances:
- If you place an order we will need to share your delivery details with our trusted couriers
- If you purchase an Analox Instruments product through our website or make an enquiry about their range we will pass on the details you provide so that they can fulfil your order or request.
- If you sign up to our newsletter
- If you enter a competition we hold and you win we are required by rule 8.28.5 of the CAP Code (Code of Advertising Practice) to make available the name and county of residence of the winner upon request. We will ask for your permission when notifying you of your winning status. You have the right to object to this information being made available or reduce the amount of information published. We may also ask for your written permission to share your name and winning status on our social media accounts, which you have the right to refuse.
1.3 Mailing List & Newsletter
- If you enter a competition or giveaway that we hold/promote you will need to provide your name and email address when you submit your entry. This will be via our website and this information will be deleted once the competition has ended.
- If you sign up to The Company’s mailing list you will be asked to confirm your consent to receiving email communications from us.
- You have the option to unsubscribe from receiving these communications each time you are contacted via email (by clicking the unsubscribe button), or alternatively you can contact us at any time by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our list.
1.4 Where information is stored
We take steps as an organisation to safeguard your details and personal information is stored in secure systems that are password protected. We take digital security very seriously and use methods including SSL certification to ensure that any information you submit online is encrypted and therefore kept private.
1.5 Payment Details
If you place an order online your payment details are not stored within our systems, as we use a secure external payment gateway.
1.6 Contacting You
- If you place an order through our website or by submitting a purchase order we will send you an email confirming your purchase and the delivery details you have supplied so that we can fulfil the order.
- We may also contact you if there is an issue with the order or delivery arrangements.
- If you enter a competition we hold and win we will contact you to arrange delivery of your prize.
2. Information that allows us to improve our services
2.1 IP Addresses
If you make a purchase through our website, your IP address will be collected within our secure payment gateway system, as a fraud prevention technique. We do not hold this information centrally on our system, nor is it used for any other purpose. We do not use IP addresses to track which pages you have visited on our website.
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier.
2.3 Using our Website
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
3. Your Rights
We hold data for as long as we are required to do so by law (usually 6 years). By law you are entitled to view, amend, restrict or delete the personal information that we hold about you at any time.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com with your request.
4. Policy Review
This policy will be reviewed in 12 months April 2020.